Lavender Lemon Shortbread Cookies
These cookies are rich and buttery, with a subtle delicious burst of lavender and lemon zest in every bite
• 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 2 Tablespoon dried lavender buds
• 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
• 1 egg
• 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2-1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon mint
1. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy.
2. Stir in the lavender mint and lemon zest.
3. Add the egg, vanilla and salt and using the mixer again, mix briefly to combine.
4. With mixture on low speed, gradually add the flour until it is all combined.
5. Gather the dough together and pat it into a disk. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1/4-inch. Cut out shapes with biscuit or cookie cutters.
7. Bake the cookies until they begin to brown around the edges, about 10-15 minutes.
May be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.